Monday 25 June 2012

Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya Balan


Bollywood Super Star Vidya Balan said women-centric films reflected the fact that women were taking centre-stage in various walks of life.

“I think women are taking centre-stage in various walks of life all over the country and cinema is just a reflection of that. I’m happy to be part of the film that is celebrating the new role of women,” she told reporters here.

Vidya Balan, who has won accolades for her roles in ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Kahaani’, was here to receive the Prabha Khaitan Puraskar 2012 from the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce.

She said she wanted to work in Bengali films too. “Satyajit Ray is my favourite Bengali director. I’ll love to work in a Bengali film. But till now, I have not received any offer. But I have taken videos of Bengali films like ‘Antaheen’ and ‘Moner Manush’.

No comments:

Post a Comment